Comment on page
Tracking Your Referrals
Customer referrals are an excellent sign that you are doing something right. Strong relationships are one of the cornerstones of a successful business, and when you make a good impression on people you’re likely to get more referrals.
Daylite helps you build strong relationships by letting you see how many referrals your clients are sending you. Acknowledging your best referrers for the business they’ve given you encourages even more referrals, building your "book of business" through the referral process.
The easiest way to capture a referral is to create a new Contact for the referral, and then link the referrer to that Contact.
As an example:
- 1.Create a new Contact for your referral by choosing the New Person button.
- 2.Fill in the details for your new referral, then click Add Person and choose the existing Contact who referred you to the new Contact.
- 3.Select was referred by from the Relationship menu. You can set up your own custom Relationships in the Daylite Settings.
- 4.You can now see who referred your new Contact by scrolling down to People in the Details pane. Click the arrow button beside the referrer's name to view the Contact.
- 5.You'll notice that the Detail Card of the referrer Contact now also shows who they referred.
After you have captured your referral in Daylite, you can filter your referrals to see all the Contacts that have been referred by a specific Person. This way you can thank the person for their referrals, and be specific about who they referred to you.
As an example:
- 1.Click the Filter button.
- 2.Select People > at least one > match all > of the following.
- 3.Select Name > contains and type in the Contact name.
- 4.Click the + to add a row and then select Relationship > is > was referred by.
Tracking referrals can catapult your business to whole new levels, making you stand out in your client's eyes.
If tracking your referrals is important to your business, you may also want to consider engaging a Daylite Partner to help you customize reports and integration based on your specific needs.
Last modified 2mo ago